Pages

Thursday, March 2, 2017

Persuasive writing

My Class is learning about Persuasive argument writing I have written an argument about The Monster in the Maze - The Minotaur.

First we read the story and the teacher said to do an argument so we started to write about the minotaur.
We were pretending to write a letter to the person who owned the monster to help save the lives of the youths he would be eating.

Dear King Minos,
I am writing to you about the fate of the nine doomed youths.  I plead for their release on the grounds that:

Firstly, it’s wrong to be killed the way your monster kills, because it would be terrifying getting ripped apart and eaten and not being able to have a long lived life, it’s not nice!

Next, would you like it if the youths from your city were taken away every year, never to be seen again?

Finally, you could feed your monster animals instead of people

So I think you understand that ripping people apart is wrong and not being able to live a long life is sad so this is why I’m writing to you to stop your monster eating kids please.

Yours faithfully,
King of Athens

No comments:

Post a Comment