Pages

Thursday, December 28, 2017

Learning Jorney Post 1

Hi fellow bloggers
Day 1 Activity 1
I am doing the Summer Learning Journey this holidays. My first blog post is about the first settlers. I had to write 3 facts I learnt from the story I read about Maui and the Giant Fish, so here are my 3 facts.

1. He ignores his mean brothers.

2. He catches large fish.

3. He has cunning plans.

Day 1 Activity 2
For this task I had to write a letter to my friend about how I feel about moving to a new country. Here is my letter to my friend.

Dear Louisa
I am moving to a new country on a waka. I am nervous because I will miss my family. When we sleep the water could get rough and the waka could tip over and I will get all wet.
From Sara

Bonus Activity
In this activity I had to watch a video of a Waka Ama race and explain why or why not I want to be in a Waka Ama race. Here is what I think of a Waka Ama Race.

I would love to be in a Waka Ama race it would be so fun because I will get to meet new friends and do team work with them.

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Sara,
    I’m Dani, one of the bloggers here at the Summer Learning Journey. It’s great to see that you have started doing some of the activities for the Summer Learning Journey! In your letter you mentioned your fear of the waka capsizing during the night, I think this is something that people would have worried about on the long voyage across the rough ocean. Well done for thinking of that! I have read lots of posts now of students wanting to try Waka Ama because of how fun it would be. I’m ready to go looking for a Waka Ama team so I can try it out!
    Keep the awesome posts coming!
    -Dani

    ReplyDelete