Pages

Thursday, December 28, 2017

Learning Journey Post 3

Hi fellow bloggers
Day 3 Activity 1
In this blog post I had to say how I would feel about joining a large family. Here it is.

I would not like to be part of a large family of nine because I am a quiet girl. We would need to have the same amount of food each and I like to eat a lot. That's why I don't want to be in a large family. One sister is OK for me.

Day 3 Activity 2

In this activity I had to write my pepeha.  It was really hard but I did some of it, so here it is. I missed a few things out because my family is not Maori.


Ko ? te maunga
Ko ? te awa
Ko ? te waka
Ko ? tōku tīpuna
Ko ? tōku iwi
Ko ? tōku hapu
Ko ? tōku marae
Ko ? ahau
Ko Nicola rāua ko Bart ōku mātua
Ko Sara tōku ingoa.

Bonus Activity
In this bonus activity I had to ask three family members what their two favourite things to do in
the summer are.

1. Swimming and Play

2. Going to the Beach and Fishing

3. Swimming and Camping







5 comments:

  1. Hi Sara,
    Great job your doing so well.
    From Indi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello sara iam sorry I havent seen you blog yet
    I have been really bissy for a Weill
    sorry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sara,
    Great to see you working on this project. Maybe you could think of the closest mountain and river to where you live for your maunga and awa.
    Unfortunately today is not a good day for your favourite activities, but I am sure there will be some sunshine soon for you to go swimming and playing.
    Mrs H

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kia Ora Sara,
    I bet having a large family would be very chaotic, luckily you have only one sibling to share everything with!

    You have made a good effort to start filling in your pepeha, but you have a few gaps. You could choose a mountain and river that is close to your house. I picked the river that runs through our family farm and a mountain that is close by. You hapu doesn’t need to be a sub -tribe, it can actually just be your family name. Have you asked your parents about how you ancestors came to New Zealand? One of my friends actually migrated here when she was younger and for her waka she has wakarere which is airplane in Maori. Maybe you and Kate can sit down and see if you can figure out what to write for a few of the lines in your pepehas, together?

    Your family seems to enjoy lots of summertime things! I bet you guys wish we had nice weather right now so you could do some of those activities!

    Keep up the great work!
    -Dani

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kia Ora Sara,

    I hope you and your family have been enjoying the last few weeks of the holidays before you need to go back to school! I was wondering if you had, had a chance to work on your pepeha?

    If you wanted to work on other activities for the Summer Learning Journey, here is the link to the page of all the activities. You can complete as many activities in any order you like.

    https://sites.google.com/site/summerlearningjourney/weekly-activities

    I look forward to reading more of your blogs soon!

    -Dani

    ReplyDelete